"
Username: Password: Save Password   Forgot your Password?

Forums   Search  Rules 

Active Topics | Recent Topics | FAQ

Sorry We Are Not Accepting New Members At This Time.

[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 6 ]  [ Total: 6 ]  [ Newest Member: Kylezz ]

All Forums
 Healing
 Health, Healing & Alternative Therapies
 Remedies, do you use them?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Author Topic  

kerrie76

Posted - 21 Sep 2009 :  1:25:03 PM
Hey every1, I've been sitting here going through a book of remedies ie homeopathy, essential oils, crysyals, home remedies that I bought a few years ago at Barnardos. I've tried the suggestions for different teas but thats about it. So my question is how many of us use home remedies as an alternate to prescribed medicines and have they worked for your ailments?
As an example drinking peppermint tea or chewing the leaves of the plant are ment to calm the symptoms of IBS and help with hot flushes in menopause. Has anyone tried this and has it worked for their symptoms? For me drinking the fruit teas when its that time of the month lessens the cravings for sweets n chocolate.

Love and Blessings,

Kerrie
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 12  ~  Member Since: 18 Sep 2009  ~  Last Visit: 15 Jan 2011

GuidingLight
Site Owner & Spiritual Medium

Posted - 22 Sep 2009 :  12:09:38 AM  Visit GuidingLight's Homepage
hmmm cant think of anything I use as a substitute for medicines, but I drink green tea for its antioxidants and circulation benefits, I also use a product called Cardioace Plus ace vitamin and fish oil supplement for BP and cholesterol lowering, more for prevention than solving an underlying issue though. My dad tries to use alternatives for things though, will have to have a think about this one
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 31103  ~  Member Since: 01 Jun 1999  ~  Last Visit: 12 Aug 2018

theoldwitch
Admin & Spiritual Medium

Posted - 22 Sep 2009 :  05:38:17 AM
kerrie

My mum use to use a herbal pill called rutivite for owering blood pressure it was excellent kept her blood pressure down nicely she also used herbal pills for her arthritis and they helped greatly but I can't remember what they were called As for myself I haven't used many alternative therapies so I can't say personally whether I think they are effective but I know my mum swore by the so I believe they do work for some things.
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 2374  ~  Member Since: 02 Jan 2005  ~  Last Visit: 17 Feb 2018
  Topic  
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 Snitz Forums 2000